Best Guide on Andorra – 2021
- The Andorran flag is a tri-band color of three different colors red yellow and blue these colors are actually inspired from the French and Spanish flags the red and yellow coming from the Spanish side the French side being the red and the blue.
- Inside of the flag is the Andorran coat of arms, Coat of arms is a shield with a motto underneath it saying virtues Juanita Fortier which means united virtue stands stronger and in the shield.
- it is separated by four different quadrants the first one being from the Sudarshan region and the second one being from the former colony of voile the third one representing the crown of Aragon which is representing of the Catalonia region and the fourth one being the former fist county of Bayon.
- Spain and France have actually played a very crucial role in endures history.
An insight into the History and Geography of Andorra
- Andorra is classified as a micronation because it is an incredibly small nation.
- In fact it’s the third largest micro nation in Europe fourth if you include tsipras and fifth if you included Iceland.
- Bordered by Spain in the south and France in the north and or is only about 181 square miles over 468 square kilometers which is about 2.5 times the size of Washington DC.
- The capital is Andorra la Vella and it has seven provinces.
- Andorra doesn’t have any airports or seaports as it is a long landlocked country and it doesn’t have any train stations either however the nearest train station can be found that that tool to covet in a town called gospel DET play the landowner which literally translates to the hospital close to Andorra it’s literally only about two kilometers sitting next to the Andorran border the nearest airports to Andorra will be found in Toulouse or Barcelona which are respectively each about three hours of a drive away from indoors borders.
- Getting into Andorra is going to be a little difficult because there’s only about two main roads to get in on the north side there’s the N22 Road from the French on the south there’s the N one four five highway of course there are other ways you can get in like the CG six and CG or highways on the other side of Spain.
- You can sneak into Andorra through a farm close to the N 145 highway in Spain as well entering through France it’s going to be a little bit more difficult because not only are there more hairpin turns into the mountainside but also all people entering through France will have to pay a seven-year-old fee to go through the Nvidia tunnel the tunnel is about two kilometers and enters into the main parts of the country.
- Andorra is almost completely mountainous as it is a landlocked country in the Pyrenees mountain range and the Iberian Peninsula.
- Andorra does have a few lakes and rivers the main one being the real Valley era which travels through most of the main towns and the capital city of Andorra la Vella.
- Only about two percent of Andorra’s land is arable for farming and livestock production however with whatever land that they do have they produce staples like grains and vegetables however the most common crops with a tobacco majority of their food is actually imported mostly because their economy is heavily based on tourism and banking.
- About 7% is classified as unclassified transactions they are huge on raising sheep though and there are a lot of ski resorts.
- Andorra is very strange because the majority of people in Andorra are actually not even nationals only about 1/3 of the people living are actually Andorrans the others being Spanish French and Portuguese.
- The two-thirds of the people can’t even vote or hold office as head of state we’re on 33 or more percent of any stock in Andorra nonetheless.
- Catalan is the main language of Andorra the official language however people do have a choice to send their kids to either Spanish Catalan or French schools.
- Most people actually choose the French schools over half of them Catalan is actually a Romance language related to Spanish and French.
- Most people in that draw are actually trilingual or Quadra label using Portuguese or English and their fourth language.
- Andorra does have its own head of government position that it holds that the adorned people vote for a third of the Andorran people at least who oversees most of the executive duties of the country along with the general counsel of parliament.
- The head of government can also request a certain sanctions from the two other monarchs.
- Andorra is classified as a tax haven pretty much everybody loves Andorra.
- It has about six embassies and six other countries Belgium, France, Spain, Portugal, in the United States and Austria.
- The embassy in the United States triples as an embassy for Mexico and Canada as well Benin and France are the only countries that have embassies inside of Andorra, now and or them they have any international disputes or controversies.
- Spain and France are the best friends and they have stood by the nation for nearly all of its history.
- Spain and France have a huge holding on Andorra’s relationships in conclusion
- Andorra is kind of like the hidden gem tucked away the Pyrenees Mountains.
Also Read: The Complete Guide on World Map