Best Guide on Armenia – 2021
- The Armenian flag has three equally long wide bands of red blue and orange the official definition of these colors according to the constitution of Armenia are that the red signifies the Armenian Highland the continued struggle for survival and the maintenance of the Christian faith independence and freedom, the blue means the will of the people of the Armenians to live beneath peaceful skies and the orange means the creative talent and hard-working nature of the people of Armenia some people will tell you that the red also represents the blood of the 1.5 million Armenians that were killed during the Armenian Genocide in the early 20th century and the orange is also the color of apricots the National Fruit.
- Armenia is a landlocked nation located in the Caucasus region of Eurasia, It Is pronounced Caucasus not caucus.
- The capital of Yerevan in the south-central region close to Mount Ararat in Turkey.
- The Nagorno-Karabakh republic this entire region is the center of so much controversy between Armenia and Azerbaijan the population of this area is almost completely Armenian and they have expressed their desire to either secede and become a part of Armenia or gain complete recognized statehood.
- Azerbaijan claims that they are still in their land in the early 90s Azerbaijan relinquished official governmental control over this region however it is still a huge breach ground for fighting and conflict to this day in Nagorno-Karabakh is an independent nation that runs without Azeri legislation however the situation gets very complicated.
- Armenia actually has a very unique and strategic location in a very dark and complex territory.
- The landscapes are actually pretty distinct and quite lovely the land is almost completely mountainous with fast flowing rivers and green forests a lot of the farms being Mountain Terrace farms on the hillsides harmony enjoys nice warm summer’s and long autumns and cold snowy winters environmentally in agriculture wise Armenia has been taking their land very seriously laws have just been passed that heavily tax people and companies for any kind of air land or water pollution all tax revenue goes towards reinvesting in environmental protection activities with fertile volcanic soil.
- The land allows them to grow all sorts of fruits vegetables and grains and a huge percentage about 72% of the land is used for agriculture which employs about 46% of the workforce.
- Armenia went through a huge shift in their agriculture after disbanding from the former Soviet Union and becoming independent in 1991, land privatization was established and people could freely grow and administer their own crops without fear of the state control and demand.
- Armenia has a huge potential for renewable energy sources like hydroelectric power and water power they actually are more dependent on nuclear power with plants that were built during the Soviet rule problem is that these plants are built in earthquake prone zones which put them in a precarious position but even with all this acknowledge the government seems to favor investing in these sources of power more than alternative brands.
- The Mount Ararat is technically in Turkey right now totally belongs to Armenia and historically it did belong to the Armenian Empire at one point Mount Ararat actually plays a huge role in Armenian symbolism and nationalistic pride to this day.
- Armenia has about 3.3 million people and is very racially homogeneous about 97% of the population is Armenian with very few minorities like Greeks Russians Georgians and the intriguingly enigmatic Yazidi people.
- The more Armenian people over twice as much as the entire population of Armenia lives outside of Armenians estimated about 8 million Armenians live in diaspora around the world and the reason for this was primarily because of the Armenian Genocide.
- During the time of World War one the ottomans tried to ethnically cleanse the region during their last stretches of they’re falling Empire and ended up killing over 1.5 million Armenians.
- Armenia out of fear and to this day there are numerous Armenian communities spread throughout the world most heavily in places like Russia Iran France and the United States with the largest Armenian community in the U.S.
- Armenia is one of the only three European languages that uses an alphabet that is not derived from a Latin or Cyrillic based writing system the Armenian alphabet or the AI Bhuvan has 38 letters technically 39 or 40 if you include those extra letters that were added during the 1920s he even made a monument to the alphabe.
- Armenia also has a long history of Christianity as historical accounts claim that two of Jesus’s disciples Thaddeus and Bartholomew preached to the Armenians in the 1st century AD and eventually Armenia became the first Christian state in the world at around 300 AD just at the end of the persecution period during the Roman Empire.
- Medians have a huge love of wrestling and chess in fact when Armenia was under Soviet rule the Soviets would specifically want to choose our mean wrestlers because they always came back at a rate of 90% of the time with metals also with some of the most worldwide renowned chess players such as the famous Tigran Petrosian and numerous World Championship winners.
- Armenia is considered one the strongest chess nations to this day they love chess you.
- Armenia is located right next to Azerbaijan and turkey the two countries they get along with least Azerbaijan because of the whole Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and turkey because of the former oppression that the ottoman empire had put on them to this day.
- The land borders are closed between the two countries and Azerbaijan even prosecutes anyone that tries to enter with an Armenian passport.
- Armenia has a lot of ties to Russia however after the breakup of the Soviet Union they actually decided to maintain friendly relations with Russia and Russia has been very dedicated to the protection of Armenia they even have a Russian military based located in Hungary this gives Armenia a significant backup should anything cataclysmic arise they also have close and strategic ties to Iran in the south.
- Armenia’s only open land border to Asia despite the religious differences the two get along and share a long cultural history that goes back thousands of years Georgians and Armenians have been sisters since day one and share a heavy history and culture with each other as well they love each other.
- Armenia is still friends with Russia who recently went to war with Georgia over the South Ossetia region this puts a huge economic strain on Armenia because Georgia was the only land access route that Armenia had to Europe.
- When it comes to Greece Armenia and Greece they kind of really like each other like.
- Greece and Armenia just get along really well.
- Armenians are welcome in Greece with open arms and likewise Greeks in Armenia.
Also Read: The Complete Guide on World Map